Building Android on a MBP (need help with an error)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" i5 MBP (Late 2011)
Hey guys, I know Android is probably a bad word here, but I was hoping you could help me with a problem I'm having.

I followed the android dev site tutorial for setting up my build environment in OSX lion, and it seemed to be ok. I could build apks from source code. The problem I'm having is when I try to compile the entire package for my galaxy nexus. I get this.

PHP:
make: *** [out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/grxmlcompile_intermediates/grxmlcompile.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
1 warning generated.

Not sure why it could be, but I get it when trying to build from AOSP source, and another rom developers source. I'm new to mac, but have experience with linux. Just can figure this out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" i5 MBP (Late 2011)
I found the solution to my problem. OSX lion can not build the emulator for Android.

I found this fix on the CyanogenMod wiki.

Mac OS X Lion will fail to compile QEMU (Emulator) codes. You do the following to disable building QEMU components. cd /Volumes/CyanogenModWorkspace/android/system/ (or Whatever directory your external folder is in for your build)
vi external/qemu/Android.mk
You will need to append # at the start of the line to every lines on that file. Press i to insert and Esc + :wq to save and quit vi.

You can also just open the file with a text editor and do the same, if you have your finder set to show hidden files.

With this fix, I was able to compile a custom build of Android 4.0.3.

Reaction score
Still getting the error

Hey Schoat333

I have mac OS 10.7.5 and Xcode 4.6 .
I did comment the Android.mk as you mentioned in your comment but i am still facing the issue . Can you tell me what else can i do to debug in terminal that what is missing
Apparently it does not through any error except :-
make: *** [out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/grxmlcompile_intermediates/grxmlcompile.o] Error 1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.