Finance Refurb iPad?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase an iPad, but as a Medical School student I'm looking to save as much as possible. I'd intended to purchase an iPad with an Apple student discount, but recently learned iPads don't qualify. I'm thinking of getting a refurbished iPad 2 instead. Does anyone know if it's possible to finance a refurbished iPad through Apple or even Best Buy?

Thanks!

C

chas_m

Wouldn't that make the iPad considerably more expensive? Like hundreds of dollars more (over time)?

I don't know if Apple's 90-day credit offer extends to the refurbished items, but on the whole if you really want to save money I'd suggest buying someone's "old" iPad 2 through a used local trading site. There are bound to be a LOT of such units coming up in the next week or so ...

OP
C
Reaction score
Hey Chas...thanks for your reply.

The great thing about the financing option is that both Best Buy and Apple offer financing plans that are interest free for products less than $1,000 when the payment is made in full in 6 months. A great deal, I think, and I've been approved for both finance plans.

C

chas_m

It's a fine deal as long as you really DO pay it off in six months ... if something happens to disrupt that, it can be a nightmare though. Just sayin'.

Anyway, Best Buy can't sell refurbished Apple products (just "floor demos" and such) so that leaves Apple as your only option if you want a refurbished iPad 2.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Does anyone know if it's possible to finance a refurbished iPad through Apple or even Best Buy?

The great thing about the financing option is that both Best Buy and Apple offer financing plans that are interest free for products less than $1,000 when the payment is made in full in 6 months.

I'm sort of confused. Didn't you answer your 1st question with your 2nd post?

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I know it is possible to finance a new iPad... I'm trying to find out if it is also possible to finance a refurb.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Sorry for the confusion. I know it is possible to finance a new iPad... I'm trying to find out if it is also possible to finance a refurb.

I don't see any reason why not. If you're purchasing the refurbed iPad from the Apple Store online (the only place I know to purchase an "officially" refurbed iPad)...Apples financing program should apply to anything sold (unless specifically identified as not qualifying).

By the way...this thread is around 5 days old...wouldn't it have been much faster to just have called Apple and ask them this question so you would have a 100% confident answer??:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.