How often is the app store updated?

Reaction score
Hi all -

I was just wondering how often is the App store for the iMac updated? Is their a certain day that it gets done? Is it done daily? Any way to get alerts when it's done? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hwilensky

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you referring to the application itself? If so, I imagine that updates probably only come in the 10.7.x releases (unless there was a major issue). As for the apps you get through the store, those are updated as per the schedule of the individual developer.

C

chas_m

Yes, I'm not sure I understand the question. The App Store is continually updated with new offerings and this happens around the clock, 24/7. The sales charts appear to me to be updated at least daily if not more often (though sometimes you will see very little movement because the charts are kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy: top-selling apps get on the chart, which then ensures they will remain top-selling apps).

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I was just curious to know if there was some type of alert system, that would let you know when new applications are uploaded to the app store. I have had an iMac for a little over a week now and every time I open it, the same apps are there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
There's no alert system that I'm aware of, but each "category" allows you to display the results with the newest first...

20120309-p7bgk413dgkx2kwm3kkan3agd4.jpg

That first app you see there, MDB Explorer, was added to the Store today. So as Chas said, it's updated continually, with potentially thousands of Apps a day. To alert you of every single one, would take some doing. Your best bet, is to click on the "New and Noteworthy" window that pops up, or browse the apps by category and sort by release date.

Hope that helps some what. (Apologies if you were already doing this!)

:)

OP
H
Reaction score
No apologies necessary as I wasn't doing this. Thanks for the great tip. It opened me up to apps, that I have not seen yet.

Thanks,
Hwilensky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.