External Monitor problems

Reaction score
I am having a slight annoyance with my monitor (TV) at the moment.

When I turn my MB Pro on, I have a few programs that open up straight away and I have certain places I would like them to be. This works fine when I turn it on if it is plugged into the monitor, but when I put it to sleep, or watch tv on the monitor, or play Xbox on it, everything gets jumbled up when I start using it as an external monitor again.

So, my question is this; Am I able to effectively have a 'preset' for when I plug my monitor in?

I don't know if this will effect anything, but the hardware I am using is a Macbook Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 2333, HDMI to HDMI with an HDMI to thunderbolt adaptor.

Any advice/tips would be muchly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So, my question is this; Am I able to effectively have a 'preset' for when I plug my monitor in?

I don't believe it's possible to do so since you're plugging and unplugging your monitor for various purposes. If the monitor were to be used as a permenant extension of the MBP you could designate it as the default and that would work. But since you're using it for watching TV and playing X-Box, that won't work.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the reply! I appreciate it!

I think I might have to purchase an external monitor. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Any good external monitor will work. Of course much depends on what your budget is. My favorite external monitors are made by BenQ and Dell.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.