Buy new ipad or refurbished ipad 2?

Reaction score
Refurbnished IPad2

I wanted to get a refurbished IPad2, 16gb, wifi only and now Apple seems to have sold out of them. Does anyone know if they will get more in stock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Well I got my new iPad yesterday, and I am completely in love with iPad all over again. My original iPad was getting frustrating because apps were crashing regularly and it was slow to switch between apps (all due to memory in my opinion, not the A4). So I am completely stoked!

I did a quick compare with my wife's iPad 2 last night, and speed wise there is nothing in it, they seem identical. The screens look worlds apart though - the iPad 2 seems washed out by comparison, and seems to have more 'leakage' if that makes sense, but I never noticed this before getting the new iPad.

My advice would be, if you're going to get an iPad 2, don't spend too much time with the new iPad, because once you have, the older screen will look worse than it really is.

One last thing - the weight really isn't an issue if you're used to the original, but the iPad 2 is noticeably lighter when holding in one hand.

Reaction score
I have been wanting a Ipad for a long time, so the day the new Ipad came out,I went to Best Buy and and bought a brand new Ipad 2, I figured they were selling them reg price a week ago, and since I never have had one I thought it would be fine to start with the 2,,plus I saved money, I would have only been able to get a 16 or at most a 32 but instead I got a 64 and love it,and saved some cash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 14", M2 Pro, 32GB RAM
Ordered a refurb iPad 2 from Apple yesterday...the $150 savings was too good to pass up. I have had great results with their refurb program (an iMac and Macbook, could not tell either from new and no problems at all).

Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.