College Discount

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Does anyone know if retail apple stores honor the educational discount? Because I read in an article about the 15in. powerbook (which happened to really inspire me to want a powerbook instead of my PC), that the retail store allowed him a student discount.

Anyone bought a mac this way?

Thanks

Reaction score
Yeah, retails store will give you student pricing. You might be asked to show a student ID and/or drivers license.

If your college bookstore sells Apple computers, they have student pricing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yep, just go to the store with your college ID
-chris

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
thanks for the very fast response.

I'm looking forward to getting an apple come next spring... Although I'm

having trouble deciding wether to wait for the centrino's or get a G4.

The article I read was very very good, and benchmarked the apple against other top of the line pc's with some pixle converting thingamagigger and the apple still did really well. I've never owned an Apple before, but a friend of mine has a 1.33ghz 15 inch pb, and I was so impressed with it's style, size, and responsiveness over my dell inspiron 6000...

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2400&review=Apple+PowerBook+G4+(12-inch,+SuperDrive)

thats the link to the review I read.

Thanks

Alex

Reaction score
Arichards said:
thanks for the very fast response.

I'm looking forward to getting an apple come next spring... Although I'm

having trouble deciding wether to wait for the centrino's or get a G4.

The article I read was very very good, and benchmarked the apple against other top of the line pc's with some pixle converting thingamagigger and the apple still did really well. I've never owned an Apple before, but a friend of mine has a 1.33ghz 15 inch pb, and I was so impressed with it's style, size, and responsiveness over my dell inspiron 6000...

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2400&review=Apple+PowerBook+G4+(12-inch,+SuperDrive)

thats the link to the review I read.

Thanks

Alex
you should not get a intel mac until the 2 or 3 revision, the fist intel macs will have many problems and it is not something a switcher want to deal with!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.