Help viewing 10.4 Mac Mail messages on Windows ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
Hi there. I am trying to export my Mac Mail emails on my iMac running 10.4 to A Windows machine running xp or vista, I do not mind what email program I need to use to view them, as long as I can view them in Windows.

I have tried selecting all messages that I want, then I click file, save as, name the file and then save the messages as Raw Message Source to my external HDD but not having any luck viewing them on Windows, plus it only creates a small 600 kb file, I have selected about 150 messages - 200 messages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
Bump, anyone have any ideas ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Download Thunderbird from Mozilla, set it up as your mail client and then use it to export your mail messages. Then install Thunderbird on your Windows machine and import the mail messages.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it also but with Thunderbird you can maintain folder integrity from Mac to PC.

The Mac and Windows versions of Thunderbird are free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.