Replacement board that the Power Flex Cable plugs into

Reaction score
What is the name of the board that the Power Flex Cable plugs into and can it be replaced? I think I broke the socket on this board trying to remove the old flex cable with all that tape around it. The copper that makes a rectangle around the socket has a small gap in the copper. I have ordered a new power flex cable and wont be able to test it until it arrives, but I have a feeling I'm going to need to replace that board.

Picture is attached.

Thanks
Mike

DSCF6186x.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
What device is this?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What is the name of the board that the Power Flex Cable plugs into and can it be replaced? I think I broke the socket on this board trying to remove the old flex cable with all that tape around it. The copper that makes a rectangle around the socket has a small gap in the copper. I have ordered a new power flex cable and wont be able to test it until it arrives, but I have a feeling I'm going to need to replace that board.

Lots of luck finding iPad parts!;) Here's everything iFixit has for the iPad:

iPad Parts - iFixit

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Have you been through iFixIt's repair guides? If those don't help, they have a forum where you almost certainly can find someone who knows what it is.
iFixit Discussions - iFixit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.