Internet problems

Reaction score
I bought our first iMac last month and had no problems setting it up (very simple). Over the last week we have started to have problems connecting to the Internet. Initially we were connecting with wifi and would have full signal strength (shown in the top right corner) but when we clicked on safari the page would not open, instead it would say... Unable to open webpage as you are not connected to the Internet... So I clicked on network diagnostics and it would say Internet is connected but we still have had no joy opening the web page.

I have moved the router to the socket next to the iMac and connected the Ethernet cable and we are still having the same problem. We can not open any webpage or update the mail inbox, but the computer is connected according to network diagnostics and has full signal strength. I'm wondering if we've accidentally pressed something that has blocked it somehow. Please help!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.