PleaseHELP. with my MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hi I have a Macbook pro 2010 i bought it used, everything was fine it came with Lion in it.

Once i woke up and i started to have Kernal Panic errors, so i start thinking well the screen turns on and the apple logo loads, so the motherboard is ok, now its loading so its also not a RAM problem, so only guess left was HardDrive, which i tried a universal one i had at home, switched it and it worked, it solved the Kernal Panic, now i tried to install Leopard in this new HardDrive which i don't remember where it came from, but it's not letting me it gives me a error continuesly saying Filesystem verify or repair failed, when i tried to mount, repair, verify, etc. So i bought another one and this new one its not even reading it, i mean everything loads correctly computers boots from DVD drive, and it ask's for the languague i want to install in it, then i agree and when it comes to the time to select a hard drive to install it in, its not showing anything,, which means the dvd or something its not reading the HD. Can someone please help me? Is the HardDrive i bought corrupt? or its something with the conection with the HARDDrive what can i do?

Thank you please reply here or at my email [email protected]

Thanks

Reaction score
Did you partition/format the new drive? In the install screen go to Disk Utility, then partition the disk, that will also format it for writing. That would be my first guess.

OP
F
Reaction score
Failed

Did you partition/format the new drive? In the install screen go to Disk Utility, then partition the disk, that will also format it for writing. That would be my first guess.

Hi thank you for the reply, i tried that i went i format the drive in one partition, it let me read the drive installation started and when the bar was like 20 % loaded it gave me a error saying that the drive was dammage or something like that, but the drive its new, you think it came bad? or its something else?

Thanks again

Reaction score
Honestly I can't really speculate on what the issue with the drive is without more information. I would see what it takes to return the drive. I haven't ever really had issues like you describe and I have replaced a lot of drives. Hard drives are one of those things that once they start showing errors I usually look into replacing them. In this case since it is a new drive you might be within the warranty to get it replaced at no cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.