"Invalid content in Journal" everytime I boot

Reaction score
i dont know what is going on with my HDD, everytime i boot my macbook pro, i get this screens (attached), so i have to use disk recovery from the recovery partition and then repair the disk and then repair permissions. Then i can boot by selecting "restart" on the apple menu.

But this is happening every time i shut down my macbook. Is the hdd going to die ?? or what can i do to try to fix it?

photo 1-1.JPG

photo 3-1.JPG

photo 4-1.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Attachments

• photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    315.5 KB · Views: 7

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your hard drive is having difficulties with corruption. Probably due to bad sectors which there's not much you can do except replace the drive.

First things first. Immediately make a backup of all your data using Time Machine or any other method you choose. Afterward, restore the backup you made to the new hard drive.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm afraid not.

Constantly repairing a defective drive is a work of futility. It's better to replace it and move on. But I can't stress upon you how important it is to backup everything as soon as you can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.