Best word processor or office suite APP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
Hi

I'm looking for something to allow me to edit word processing documents on my ipad. Any recommendations?

COming in an office style bundle is a bonus but not essential

Pages... is the only one I've heard of... any good?

Thanks in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Pages... is the only one I've heard of... any good?

Pages is part of the iWork suite sold by Apple. Since the inauguration of the Mac App store it's being sold separately. And yes, it's good. There is a prototype of MS Office for iOS being tested but who knows when it will be released or how much MS will charge for it. I would go with Pages for now. You can always get something else later on if for some reason you don't like Pages.

C

chas_m

Pages being so ludicrously cheap, it's worth trying out even if you don't ultimately hold onto it.

Look into Goodreader or QuickOffice Connect as well.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
DocsToGo is another good and cheap option. It can handle Word docs, Excel sheets and PowerPoint presentations (though I have never tried to use this specific capability).

I also have all the iWorks apps on my iPad and they are very good. They are (obviously) better at dealing with their native formats and it's a toss-up whether Pages or DocsToGo is better at editing Word documents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.