HELP!!! how to use HP webcam on mac?

Reaction score
i bought a HP 3100 webcam with hopes to use it for FaceTime.. Ok so I'm installing it using wine & wine bottler. well after installation all i get is a window showing me a NTFS file system. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the webcam work on my mac?? running latest version of lion btw...

OP
H
Reaction score
i tried installing it both ways (saved in directory & simple application) i can get through the entire installation successfully.. only problem is i can't get the webcam to work.. all i have is the file system showing that the software is installed...

ScreenShot2012-03-07at14838AM.png

sorry for quality of screen shot.. 50 in computer screen..

OP
H
Reaction score
& the application Macam doesn't work for the particular webcam that i have & even if it did, Macam does not allow live- stream.. only allows you to record.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you tried connecting to your Mac without using Wine et al?

There are many references online to this webcam being plug-and-play on Windows and OSX

Reaction score
Installing a windows driver and software wont make it work anyway, unless you're running windows.
What model of mac do you have?

OP
H
Reaction score
Actually none of the webcams said they were compatible with mac but i felt confident because i had Wine.. & I do have Winddows 7 running on a virtual machine.. but its painfully slow. i don't think i could successfully install in the VM & then have the FaceTime application recognize it.. & i have a 2010 Mac Mini running the latest update of lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you just tried connecting it to your mac without a vm or wine?

I don't have that model but there's several references followling a web search suggesting it just works.

Reaction score
Do a little research - straight from the HP site:

Requirements: Intel Pentium 4 processor with 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon equivalent or faster and 1GB RAM (1.6GHz Dual Core and 2GB RAM recommended), Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 with SP2 (32 or 64-bit) 230MB free hard drive space for software, CD drive, USB 2.0 port

You MIGHT get it to work in OS X, stranger things have happened. It just might work.

Might want to give this site a look: http://www.mac-compatible-web-cam.com/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.