i have a mobile internet / wi fi query

Reaction score
Hello there just become a member and posting my first post. If anyone can help me with the following that would be great.
Basically I've got a old power book G4 and I Mac 2.66 GHz version 10.6.8. I want to get them both online using a mobile internet package from three which I think is the best option at present in the uk ( if anyone knows a better one I'd like to no please ).

I have the choice of Huawei premium dongle or the Huawei mi fi wireless option. I think i prefer the mi fi so i can have my G4 and I Mac working and add other things later and i believe you can move it around easier to get better reception if needed ?

I think my imac should have wireless ? ( I'm sure I've had this working in the air port on my old BT internet ? ) is air port ? another word for wireless ?

last question i believe i can get a mini usb dongle for around £10.00 which would make my g4 wireless and hopefully pick ufp the mi fi connection as well as my I Mac. Can anyone sujjest a good make that would work on my G4 ?

thanks for your time and all help is appreciated
kind regards
Ray

OP
C
Reaction score
Can anyone please help me with the above question ? i would be really appreciated if you can
regards
Ray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hello there. Yes it's called Airport on a Mac. I would make sure that you do a software update on both machines to get them optimised before doing it.

I've never had mobile internet but have seen it in action so what you describe looks ok.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.