Guitar into Macbook Pro - help!

Reaction score
I recently got a macbook pro 13 inch, and as many of you are probably aware, it doesn't have a audio line in jack! Im talking about the 1/8 inch one thats usually beside the audio output hole.

I used to plug my guitar straight into the computer using a normal 1/4 inch ended chord with an adaptor to make one end 1/8. Although I just recorded with garage band, i actually didn't mind the sound at all.

I don't have a mixer that connects to usb. Nor do i have earphones or head phones that are usb ended.

Ive read a little about how the audio line out is also a line in, and you need to change system preferences or something to change it.

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on what to get so I can start recording again? Cheapest mixers that have a usb line are around 100 dollars at the music store. I went to some electronic shops and they didn't have any cheap mixers. They seem to have head phones and earphones with usb lines though.

I don't have that much money, and Im wondering if making the audio output into input and then using usb headphones would be the cheapest way to do this?

Any advice or information on solving this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

OP
L
Reaction score
I'm going to bump this thread. I think i am asking a clear question.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro i7 2.2 8GB Ram

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.