Pages will not launch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.1 GHz, iPhone 4S 64 GB, iPad 16GB WiFi, iPhone 4 16GB , 3G iPod Nano 8GB
Can someone help me? Whenever I try to open Pages in OS X Lion 10.7.3 the app will not launch. It will appear in the bar at the top of the screen, and will begin using 100% of my cpu for about 15 seconds, and then it becomes non responsive. The Activity Monitor lists it as not responding. It does this after I have deleted and reinstalled through the app store, and if I open from the icon or from a document in the finder. Please let me know if you can help me with this issue.

Thanks,

Jay

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is this the stand alone Pages application or is it part of the iWork suite? If it's the stand alone version downloaded from the Mac App store, make sure you've completely uninstalled it before reinstalling. It sounds like something is corrupt and preventing it from launching.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.1 GHz, iPhone 4S 64 GB, iPad 16GB WiFi, iPhone 4 16GB , 3G iPod Nano 8GB
It is the stand alone version. How do I "completely uninstall?" I dragged the pages app to the trash, but is there a further way to uninstall so that I can download again from the app store?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Use "Spotlight" (the small magnifying glass in the top menu) to find all files associated with Pages and delete them. Then, download it again from the Mac App store and see if it installs OK and then launches.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have tried to delete all of the files associated with Pages and now and reinstalled. Now the Pages icon will bounce in the bottom bar 5-6 times and then will crash and send a report of what is wrong. Could I have missed some files that are associated with Pages. How do I identify all files? I used finder to search for all of the files and went through the different search criteria filters including having system files included and still an having no luck.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try using the free "AppCleaner.app" to remove Pages. Download from here.

There's also "AppDelete.app" which is not free but it seems to work better. Download from here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.