Outlook for Windows to Outlook for Mac

Reaction score
I'm trying to import my email accounts from Outlook for Windows to Outlook for Mac. I can do that, but can't associate the email accounts with their corresponding pst files. Anyone have this issue and find a resolution? I'm desperate as its my work email.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 1.7 GHz Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Lion 10.7.4; Thunderbolt Display; 2011 iMac base w/SSD
I ended up dumping Outlook and using Mail instead. Its not nearly as powerful. But it does what you need and it just plain works.

Reaction score
I ended up dumping Outlook and using Mail instead. Its not nearly as powerful. But it does what you need and it just plain works.
Same here. But that doesn't help someone in an enterprise environment I guess.

Reaction score
Same here. But that doesn't help someone in an enterprise environment I guess.

I have Outlook 11 for mac and work in a large corporate environment; so usiung exchange for work management is critical for me.

I operate perfectly with mail, calendar and contacts as opposed to outlook. I can add meeting to my exchange calendar from my PC at work, my iPhone or my iPad with ease. I als have access to our global contacts list in mail on my ipad, iphone, mac and work PC. I have not found anything that limits my working in an exchanged based environment using the native apple products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
tracey,
my suggestion would be to use ical and mail - work together perfectly and you can import the outlook data. hope that helps :Cool:

Reaction score
I'm trying to import my email accounts from Outlook for Windows to Outlook for Mac. I can do that, but can't associate the email accounts with their corresponding pst files. Anyone have this issue and find a resolution? I'm desperate as its my work email.

Branding aside, the Windows and Mac versions of Outlook are not the same program. The Mac Outlook is able to import from a PST, but it doesn't use the PST as a database like the Windows version does.

Because of that, the import process you're going through is really an extraction process. Emails are stored as individual files -- which Outlook 2011 treats equally, and is why you're having a hard time making associations on import.

If you really need to preserve account organization for your own sanity (after all, the emails will still have the correct account data in their headers), then I recommend the following:

1 - Import mail from PST A for Account A
2 - Create a folder called "Account A"
3 - Drag all the imported mail to the new "Account A" folder.
4 - Repeat for each of your account specific PST files.

In essence, these folders are replacing the PSTs which used to be your "Local Folders" in an Exchange environment. It'll take a little time to set it up, but once you do, you should have smooth sailing. At least I did...

Good luck,

Z

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.