Using RealPlayer Downloader

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid '11 iMac 21.5", iPad 4 w/Retina Display 16GB, 13.3" MacBook Pro (Late '11) 500 GB HD, 2.4 GHz
Not sure if this is the right thread for this question so if not, please forward to right thread please. I have a 13" MacBook Pro that I purchased a couple of weeks ago and I downloaded RealPlayer Downloader in order to download and play YouTube videos. For some reason I am having the most difficult time being able to do that. On my old computer, once I downloaded it and went to YouTube, a little window would open above the video asking if I wanted to download it. I don't get that on my MacBook Pro. What is it that I'm not doing in order to download them? Right now I still have to rely on my old computer to do it and I want to get completely off of relying on it for anything. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
I find Realplayer isn't very responsive, at the best of times...

Do you use Safari? If so, download an extension called "fastest tube". If it's just YouTube vids you want, this will add a little box under each vid and you can just download it with that.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid '11 iMac 21.5", iPad 4 w/Retina Display 16GB, 13.3" MacBook Pro (Late '11) 500 GB HD, 2.4 GHz

Do you use Safari? If so, download an extension called "fastest tube". If it's just YouTube vids you want, this will add a little box under each vid and you can just download it with that.

No I'm using Google Chrome but I'll switch back and try what you recommended. Thanks.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Worked wonderfully...thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Good stuff!

Thanks for the update!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.