Something I noticed after SSD install

Reaction score
Within 5-10 mins of starting my MBP, just surfing net, email it wouldn't take long for me to feel underside of case warm up, not hot but noticeable.
With SSD i can barely feel it being warm, I wouldn't have thought the disk would get a lot of activity with what I was doing.
Unfortunately I didn't have any monitoring apps going like I do now for a temp comparo, anyone noticed temp drops going to an SSD?

Reaction score
Most SSDs don't generate much heat. There are some that do. I had a Kingston SSDNow V200 installed for a while in my MBP and it got hot. The 2 Intel 320 series I have in my Win PCs, one desktop one notebook, don't get hot or even warm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Since I've installed a SSD, the only area that generate much heat on my MBP 13 is the CPU. And usually it's because of Flash. Only thing I can hear is the fan when it's actually running with more rotation. Sweet! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.