Photo Booth brings out flaws?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Is it my imagination or does Photo Booth and the iMac camera bring out the flaws in my face more than a normal camera? LOL I hate how I look on this iMac camera. I guess I'm just fugly. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Is it my imagination or does Photo Booth and the iMac camera bring out the flaws in my face more than a normal camera? LOL I hate how I look on this iMac camera. I guess I'm just fugly. lol

No surely not;D It's a good camera I agree but it's a lighting thing.

Try putting a table lamp on the side of your desk and spot the difference. You can choose your best side and strike poses.;D

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
No surely not;D It's a good camera I agree but it's a lighting thing.

Try putting a table lamp on the side of your desk and spot the difference. You can choose your best side and strike poses.;D

Thanks! ;D I tell you, it brings out all the imperfections on my face. :Confused: I'm not spring chicken so the passages of time do wear on me after a while. But this camera just accentuates them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It's the lighting. Certainly the lighting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Thanks! ;D I tell you, it brings out all the imperfections on my face. :Confused: I'm not spring chicken so the passages of time do wear on me after a while. But this camera just accentuates them.

The camera's in a naff position as well, so this, together with the broad brush effect frontal screen brightness, which is of a cold colour temperature, makes my skin look like a slice of corned beef.;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.