Signin At Startup

Reaction score
New hear,I have a Mac book Pro, and would like to remove
the sign in every time I start up, have searched, but to no
avail.
Thanks for any help.

C

chas_m

I think ... but am not sure ... are you talking about the login?

You can turn on "automatic login" in System Preferences -> Accounts (called "Users & Groups" in Lion) -> (select your account) -> Login Options.

Be sure to "unlock" the lock at the bottom left of the window so that you can make changes.

Also be aware that "automatic login" is a security risk if someone gains physical access to your machine.

OP
O
Reaction score
I did what I thought was right,unlocked the lock etc made changes re booted,
but still have to login, now it will not accept my password in order to allow me
to open the lock.
Is the pass word the same as the one I login with, if so it will not open the lock.
Thanks.

OP
O
Reaction score
Have just found out when I tick check for updates i am asked for name and password,
have entered the password which I use to login,but it is not accepted.
Any help please. Oscarlib.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Workstation Airport Extreme ATV 2 Ipad
When you go to System Preference > and than you're account do you see the remark Admin ?
Or open a Terminal and give the command ls /users/ (l = L Lower case )
The answer should be like Shared admin and than you're users name
If you get the correct answer than one way or the other you seems to loose you password .
But we can make a new password using the single users mode or the DVD if you are stilling running Snow Leopard or Leopard .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.