Mac OSX Lion Security Flaw

Reaction score
I've been noticing lately that while my Macbook starts up Lion, by clicking the mouse multiple times it bypasses the login screen and logs me in automatically... This seems like a major security flaw... Has anyone else noticed this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I will try this later. Are you sure that you are selecting the name and not just clicking the mouse.

OP
O
Reaction score
WHile the computer is booting up, click the mouse repeatedly and don't stop until it logs you in, I've tried it a few times already and it keeps doing it every time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Do you have auto login enabled?

OP
O
Reaction score
I don't think so, have to enter the password normally whenever this flaw doesn't happen, it just seems like all the clicking confuses it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Haven't been able to replicate it on my set-up, either in the general login screen or by clicking on my own icon and then clicking like mad with the mouse

OP
O
Reaction score
Start clicking right after you press the power button, that's how it's been happening with mine, it never even shows me a login screen if I keep clicking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 21.5" i5 iMac 2.7ghz 4gb ram 1tb HDD
Hello Ozell

You should do a video for YouTube - guaranteed 10 million hits from Apple haters the world over.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.