iCloud and .Mac Mail accounts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini, iPhone 4, iPods, Seagate 1TB HDD
Ever since iCould was implemented I have had duplicate [email protected] accounts in my mail on my iPhone. They are seen as separate accounts in my mail, a .Mac and and iCloud. The accounts are the same, the mail that I receive is the same in both inboxes but if I delete from one, it does not delete from the other. I cannot seem to turn off the .Mac account as it doesn't show up in the Mail settings, only the Mail app. I can turn off iCloud mail and it gets rid of both inboxes. It is rather annoying, any one have any ideas?

Also is there a way to make it so if I delete mail from my iPhone on a gmail account in the mail program, it also deletes it in the mail application on my Mac?

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Hello,
I can not be of any help with your 1st problem as I have not seen it before, but as for the question of deleting email on the iPhone and having it removed from the mail app on your Mac I can help. If you log into your Gmail account thru a browser then you will have access to your acct settings...Just change the account to " IMAP " and then you are all set. When you open the Mail app on the Mac it will sync all changes made from the phone and vise-versa.

Hope this helps
Clay

OP
Apple4life
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini, iPhone 4, iPods, Seagate 1TB HDD
Thanks, that seems to have cleared that issue up. As far as my original issue goes, I still don't really have a reason why. The solution however was to delete iCould from my phone, and set it up again. That cleared up the issue and everything is working smoothly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.