Modifying my network name

Reaction score
I purchased an iZon remote room monitor and set it up, but for me to configure it I had to select my network name, which contains a character (an apostrophe) that the iZon setup says cannot be in the name. I have not been able to figure out how to edit my home network's name to remove the apostrophe. Anyone have an idea on how to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I purchased an iZon remote room monitor and set it up, but for me to configure it I had to select my network name, which contains a character (an apostrophe) that the iZon setup says cannot be in the name. I have not been able to figure out how to edit my home network's name to remove the apostrophe. Anyone have an idea on how to do this?

Hi,
I think that you can do this in your router's settings.

You'll have to enter the router by either using it's utility or pasting it's network address into the address bar in your browser.

It may take you sometime to find the correct pane depending on which router you have but that should be one way of doing it.

EDIT It should be under wireless>channel SSID

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.