Macbook Pro : Blemish Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, i5, 8 GB RAM, iPhone 4 (16GB), iPad 2+3 (32 GB)
Hey forum! I'm new to Mac-Forums, and this is the first online-forum that i will be participating in. As my starter thread, i'd like to ask a question about my Macbook Pro, and minor blemish and scratch issues. I was just wondering if my nails are able to scratch the Aluminum Unibody of the Macbook Pro. I'm not a perfectionist (anymore) and have some minor blemishes on my notebook right now, but whenever my nails rub roughly on the aluminum surface, i kind-of freak and immediately wet a cloth to clean. So my question is:
Can my nails scratch the Aluminum Unibody of the Macbook Pro? Answering ASAP, and supporting proof would be much appreciated!
Thanks ahead of time!
-Ramen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I have not found a fix and I know that nails generally don't scratch the aluminum but anythings possible. You could try and get a case to protect it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Aluminum is a very soft metal, and while I doubt your fingernails will scratch it, I will say that in my experience, it scratches very easily. In many cases, much more so than a good quality ABS plastic.

If it really concerns you, I'd recommend a snap-on shell like the Incipio Feather or Speck See-Thru Satin.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, i5, 8 GB RAM, iPhone 4 (16GB), iPad 2+3 (32 GB)
Thanks a lot guys! So far, my fingernails brushing against the aluminum hasn't done any damage. I mustered up the courage last night to get my fingernails and have an intense nail-rubbing session on the palm-rests of the Macbook. I can surely state that no damage was done :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.