Accessing my HD away from home

Reaction score
Okay I've done some searching for what I want to do but I'm not sure what is the best thing for me to do so I would like to have someone with experience to give me some advice.

I have an Airport Extreme with a Passport 1TB HD hooked to it that I keep backup of my wifes MBP and my MBP plus I have my media Library on this so I can access it through my Apple TV. Now I would like to set it up so I can access my HD on my MBP and iPad2 while I'm traveling or on the go. I have setup a web server through my MBP but I feel it would be easier to just be able to access my entire library instead of what I put on the site. Some of the tutorials a browsed to help do this was used on Snow Leopard and it didn't help me since I'm running Lion. Any help or advice I can get with this is much appreciated. FYI, I am kind of a noob, I know just enough to tear something up:Oops::Oops:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try "TeamViewer". It's easy to setup and should do what you need when you're away with your MBP or iPad2. Here's the download LINK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.