• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

25 billionth app downloaded from the App Store

Reaction score
25 billionth app downloaded from the App Store

billionsandbillions.jpg

Sometime this evening, some lucky person downloaded the 25 billionth app from the App Store. The graphic you see above showed up between midnight and 1 AM ET, although I wasn't able to capture the exact time.

If you're the winner of Apple's US$10,000 App Store credit, we'd love to talk to you. The rest of you? Tell us what you downloaded from the App Store to enter Apple's commemorative giveaway. My pick? It was Paper Karma, an app to reduce the amount of junk mail you get.

25 billionth app downloaded from the App Store originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Sat, 03 Mar 2012 01:10:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SourceÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
I don't think I could ever spend $10,000 on the App Store.

Still, wouldn't say no.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11.6,Macbook 13,ipad 1,ipod Classic,iphone 4S
If I had been the "lucky winner",I would have been ecstatic for many many months.Probably years :D

Reaction score
$10k on the App Store.

Can I post an "all the things" meme here?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.