Networking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macmini
I have a new appletv 2 & macmini, I just need to connect it wirelessely, I have a wireless router but at the moment I don't have any Internet connection/ service,

Please advice whether will it be posible to connect Appletv & Macmini using the wireless router without Internet connection,
When you power up the wireless router, will it work as hub for my network without Internet connection?
If so how can I set it up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DeskTop is a MacPro 2.8 Quad/22gig/900gig SSD/2x3Tb HD plus MBP 15" 2.66 Core I7 /8gig/1.5Tb SSD
I have a new appletv 2 & macmini, I just need to connect it wirelessely, I have a wireless router but at the moment I don't have any Internet connection/ service,

Please advice whether will it be posible to connect Appletv & Macmini using the wireless router without Internet connection,
When you power up the wireless router, will it work as hub for my network without Internet connection?
If so how can I set it up
I think you should be able to do it.. Connect ATV2 to the Router via ethernet or wirelessly
In order to connect wirelessly you need to create a WIFI network (give it a unique name) up on router then after that is setup, you should be able to see it on MacMini and also should be able to see ATV2. give that a try;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I have been doing this for years with an Airport Extreme but most compatible routers will do the same set your encryption to WPA2 and if these are newer Apple products use the 5GHz band as they tend to default to those first and you will find transfer from one to the other a bit faster.

Reaction score
You can create a network for your internal devices without an Internet connection, however doesn't the Apple TV need an Internet connection for authentication using your Apple ID?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.