Mic works in headset but not speaker mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core, Mac OS X Lion NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2 Duo,
My problem is just that. example; when using Voxer if I have it on speaker mode and push to talk it doesn't record anything. But when I switch it to headset mode (to use the ear speaker) it records. Ive also noticed in FaceTime people can't hear me but I can hear them. and in Voice Control, It works.. Ive already replaced my headphone jack so it can't be anything with that.. Ive read something about the top mic being for recording and the bottom for calls... if this is true should I replace my top mic?

iPhone 4 CDMA Verizon, 5.0.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Mine did the same thing it was the top mic. Try cleaning it out with a can of air. If that doesn't work then get a new one.

OP
jayluna
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core, Mac OS X Lion NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2 Duo,
Mine did the same thing it was the top mic. Try cleaning it out with a can of air. If that doesn't work then get a new one.

Thanks. Ill let you know how it goes!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.