Problems with Nik Soft and Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 13" MacBook Pro + 2012 21.5" iMac + 16GB iPhone 5 + 32GB iPad2
Hello,

I have recently bought an iMac, it came with Lion installed, after buying an additional PS license, installing it and moving my actions and filter over I am having a few probs.

Before buying my iMac I used my Macbook pro to edit most of my pictures, on the Macbook I am running Snow Leo and have no problem. However when trying to install Nik Softwares Color Efex and Silver Efx on the iMac, PS does not show up as an install application.

I have, for the time being moved both colour and silver back to the Macbook.

Has anyone else had this or a similar problem? Nik Softwares own web site has little to no information other than advising the latest versions of their software are Lion compatible.

Rgds,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'm going to guess it's a version that requires it to be run in 32 bit mode? I ran into that, I seem to recall, with some older Nik software.. only on snow leopard...

OP
vaughaag
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I though that may be a possibility, although, its the Nik install program that does not seem to see either version, 32 or 64 bit :(

Rgds,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27" 2017, macOS 11.3.1 Big Sur, iPhone 7Plus, iPad Pro, Apple tv4, iPodT6
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I though that may be a possibility, although, its the Nik install program that does not seem to see either version, 32 or 64 bit :(

Rgds,
Dave

Bit puzzled why you bought another licence for photoshop. Your existing licence should cover you for the MBP and the iMac. (providing you don't use both at the same time, I'm assuming you want to transfer to use on the iMac);D Also can you not re-download the software from Nik and reinstall these in your iMac. The Nik site will also show your serial numbers and you can choose the host applications from there as well. You did register them, yes?

OP
vaughaag
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have the two licences as generally both are in use, I shoot allot of weddings and am not a fan of Lightroom so have PS on both so I can make quick edits after the service to display using the screen saver during the reception.

Ref the Nik soft, They have come back to me and said my version has know issues with Lion. Apparently, if it was installed on SL and I then upgraded to Lion it would have work no probs. but they are aware of issues if installed on a Lion mac from scratch.

When I get home from work, I intent to upgrade to the latest version to solve any issues,

Thanks for your advice though

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27" 2017, macOS 11.3.1 Big Sur, iPhone 7Plus, iPad Pro, Apple tv4, iPodT6
I have the two licences as generally both are in use, I shoot allot of weddings and am not a fan of Lightroom so have PS on both so I can make quick edits after the service to display using the screen saver during the reception.

Ref the Nik soft, They have come back to me and said my version has know issues with Lion. Apparently, if it was installed on SL and I then upgraded to Lion it would have work no probs. but they are aware of issues if installed on a Lion mac from scratch.

When I get home from work, I intent to upgrade to the latest version to solve any issues,

Thanks for your advice though
Dave

Understand now. My iMac came with SL onboard and I upgraded to Lion and have no issues with CS5 or my Nik plugins CEP4 and Dfine 2.0

I hope all is sorted for you soon.

OP
vaughaag
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have Color Efex 4 or 3?

Thanks again, Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have Color Efex 4 or 3?

Thanks again, Dave

I actually have both 3 and 4 Dave. On CS5, I use CEP4 ....
.... and on Nikon Capture NX2, I use CEP3 as 4 not compatible with NX2, nor are they likely to make it so.

Cheers,

OP
vaughaag
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info. I'll be staying with PS. I Tried Aperture a while back and really did not like it :)

Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.