Help with Mac and Quicktime

Reaction score
So I purchased a Macbook Pro a litte while ago and downloaded a popular program called ManyCam. This is my problem.

ManyCam does not play videos. It's supposed to but when I try to load them the screen is greyed out and I can't click anything. However, when I want to load a picture or a .gif it's fine. So I went on the ManyCam help guide and it said that if my default player can't play the video file. ManyCam will not.

So my concentration is on Quicktime. I've asked this question many times before and nothing has helped me. I tried converting the videos of mpg and mp4. Nothing. I tried downloading VLC player (which is awesome) but nothing. I tried making VLC my default media player, nothing. I downloaded some codec packages, but nothing. I tried downloading Perian, nothing. So essentially I don't know how to fix this or what's wrong.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.