password autofill

Reaction score
Hello..First post.
When I log into one of my accounts, the password fills in automatically. There is nothing secure about that and I'd like to fix it.

Could someone provide some tips on how to do so? It's really appreciated.

Thank you..tk369

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which browser are you using? That would help us to tell you how to change the password autofill so that it no longer autofills.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
True. If at one time you said 'Yes' to keeping your sign on, it will do so every time you go to that site. Look to your browser's preferences to clear that. Personally, I don't do that. Just a personal matter.

OP
T
Reaction score
browser

Hello again.
I am using Firefox. thanks for the quick comebacks.

..tk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
You can open Preferences>Security in Firefox and uncheck the box which says 'Remember passwords for Sites". You can also delete the passwords that are stored in that area. When you log in to a site you always get a box up in the left hand corner of the browser asking if you want Firefox to remember passwords for that site. Just make sure you check the 'Not now" box when it pops up.

That should clear it all up.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you to all who took interest in my problem. Gandalph set me in the right direction and my account passwords no longer autofill. I am in Fat City!

..tk Enfield, CT

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.