Great Mac Games

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, SSD, 8GB RAM
Considering the only reason Transgaming's Cedega (DirectX emulator) doesn't run on OS X is the PowerPC cpu arch, we will be able to play all games once the new intel-based macs come out. (Although I do not really advocate the use of Cedega much because then game companies see no reason to make mac and linux clients because of this... but it's better than nothing)

Reaction score
johninc said:
I used to play those but I enjoyed Call of Duty especially the expansion more.

I'll second that motion for Call of Duty. Haven't tried the expansion yet, we'll see what Santa brings.

12" PB 1.33
768MB

E

Ey3 D

Call of Duty is my personal favorite by far from all the World War 2 games (and believe me, I have tried nearly all of them). I think that Blizzard games port games extremely smoothly to the Mac, Warcraft 3, WoW, and Diablo 1 and 2 all are great and classic games. Also the classic Halo. Unreal Tournament's pretty fun.
Wolfenstein ET seems pretty fun, but it lags like crazy on my iBook (look at the thread I started in this section>that noone has posted on yet :eek:neye: ). There are lots of great games for Macs, you just have to search for the good ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
maz94protege said:
ive seen that the G5 macs are hardcore gameing machines, yea Apple never designed them originally to be like this, but they are more powerful then any PC ive ever seen. :eek:

I've been saying that ever since I bought mine...

Game ON!!!!

OP
O
Reaction score
maz94protege,
The only flaw inside your claim is that there is no objective proof of the G5 being able to outperform AMD processors or Intel for that matter. It may be true that the G5 is better than a majority of other processors, but we have to consider some things.
First, is the G5 faster in single processes versuses other processors, or the G5 able to outperform other processors in the multiple processes at one time, or is the G5 superior in all aspects? Although I am a mac lover, I am also a skeptic, because there are computers faster than ones you have seen. Furthermore, most people are unwilling to spend more money to get a better processor, because quite frankly it can get expensive. Furthermore, many people are blinded by the clock speed. It may say 2.5 Ghz, but that is only clock speed. If you could find links, or even articles of experts supporting your claim, I might become convinced of your claim.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phantom said:
what nobody likes halo like come on people!!!

Love it. I hope they release Halo 2 for PPC.

Oh, and BTW, we didn't say the Powermac is the MOST POWERFUL gaming machine out there- it isn't. However, at the time I bought mine, it was the most powerful in its price range. I priced PC systems from Dell, Tiger, and Falcon Northwest and was unable to come up with a machine that even roughly matched the specs of my Mac for an equivalent price. That, coupled with OSX, solidified my decision to go with a mac.

OP
O
Reaction score
the problem, however, that the generalization can convince others

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
osvoldk said:
the problem, however, that the generalization can convince others

Well that's why I've been vocal on this and other threads. I'd hope people would have the sense not to knock something until they've tried it.

OP
O
Reaction score
what do you mean by this, are you suggesting that I am unaware of what a GOOD gaming machine is. You can take my word for, I am running both windows and mac, and windows for graphics, usually is better. This, however, has no onjective value, since I am not giving a reliable benchmark.

S

SPOW05

Homeworld 2 is pretty nice

I've been playing a lot of Homeworld 2 on my Mac. It is super underrated, I think. There is strategy, action and great graphics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
just picked up diablo II for my mac. used to own it for my pc but i never finished and lost the actual play disc. hopefully i can finish it on the mac; great game!

did i hear correctly that they may be doing something with diablo like they did for world of warcraft? mmorpg style?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
SPOW05 said:
I've been playing a lot of Homeworld 2 on my Mac. It is super underrated, I think. There is strategy, action and great graphics.

I play that as well- I've been a little frustrated by the campaign lately, but it's a great game!

Reaction score
SPOW05 said:

Agreed! I love the homeworld series on the Peecee, and I was so glad they ported this game to the mac for my PB.

I do wonder though...are there any good racing games for the Mac? I really like the nascar 2003 for the Peecee...how does it run on the PB15"-1.67ghz+1g-Ram+9700ATI?

Thanks
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
BF 1942 and WORLD OF WARCRAFT!

Just got it, Great game!

OP
O
Reaction score
The game that I cannot await, is Enemy Territory Quake Wars. I hope, however, that the try to make the game more realistic in that if one were running on sand, it would be more difficult than running on, say for example, tar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
I am all about WoW

OP
O
Reaction score
SPOW05 said:
What mc are you running, although I am a true lover of macs I have come to the realization that they cannot run games at medium to high settings, and quite truthfully that is sad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.