Mac os got crashed

Reaction score
Hi all I installed win7 in My MacBookPro using bootcamp. I allotated 100 gb for windos 7. I successfully installed win7. After that I thought of having D drive in win7 so I shrank C drive and made around 45 gb unallocated space & I made it to a simple volume when creating simple volume it asked me to change disk type from basic to Dynamic I changed so. After that mac os got crashed and Even Windows is not booting. Please help meeeeee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I've never quite understood why people feel the need to partition every little chunk of disk space....

Anyway, you can't, as you've found out, partition (without a great deal of care) from within Windows and leave the system stable.

You haven't given details of which MBP model you have or which version of OSX your using - that would really help.

If it's Lion - restart your Mac holding CMD+R to access recovery mode.
OS X Lion: About Lion Recovery
If it's Snow Leopard or older put your OSX DVD in the drive and hold Option as you boot and select the OSX DVD to boot from. Then you'll be able to re-install OSX

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Restore your machine from the backup you created before installing Windows and/or making dramatic changes to the partition structure.

Unfortunately, when you start playing with disk structure, particularly a disk that hosts multiple OSes and filesystems, these kinds of things can happen.

(you did make a backup, didn't you?)

Reaction score
lion and windows 7 not booting after accidental disk change to dynamic

i have the same problem as you Pavan. Let me say that i haven't backed up my data in the last 6 months or so. Next, i realize that i can do the command +R feature and reinstall lion, however that would probably do a clean install and i would loose everything.
I'm desperately need for tips on how i can recover my data from both, the windows and lion partition. Mainly my music, school files, and some lecture recordingd from garageband.
PLease help!:(

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
No mention of which Mac you have which will very your options but:
1. boot into recovery mode and do a repair/verify on the disk - this maybe enough to get you back into OSX
2. Connect your Mac on target mode to another Mac and copy off the data you need to save before doing a clean install
3. If you have a MacBook or MacBook Pro. Replace the hard disk with a new disk, install a fresh copy of OSX then put your original disk in a USB enclosure and copy off the data you need to save
4. Use an online (iCloud, Box, Dropbox etc) service to backup your data or get yourself an external that you can backup to (you'll have one if you choose step 3 above!)

Reaction score
You might want to try data recovery software if above reply did not help. Try Mac data recovery from mac.powerdatarecovery.com. 1GB free, in your case you need purchase license from them.

Reaction score
You should not mess with your Startup drive file structure unless you take a solid backup every time.The possible solution is to restore it from your Time Machine backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.