Bootcamp / Windows 7 (64 bit)

Reaction score
Hi everyone I tried using bootcamp on my 2011 macbook pro 13" with windows 7 home edition (64 bit). I followed the instructions perfectly and every time the internet drivers wont work. I even brought it to best buys geek squad to see if they could fix it and they couldn't get it . I tried to install it again but still after I finished was unable to access the internet. If anyone has some advice that would be greatly appreciated its been driving me crazy. Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you download the driver image from Apple as directed by the Boot Camp Assistant and burn it to a CD or thumb drive? Without the proper Apple supplied drivers the internet will not work, and you may have other difficulties such as video, sound, and blue tooth.

OP
M
Reaction score
So when it says burn the the necessary drivers from apple burn the CD and then put that in after the snow leopard CD? Or does that replace that CD?

OP
M
Reaction score
No that was the only thing I did not do I will try that and hopefully it will work Thank you!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Use that in lieu of the Snow Leopard DVD. Your MBP is too new and requires the driver download from Apple. Let us know how it went.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.