sych iPhone mail and Macbook app

Reaction score
Is there a way to sych email on my iPhone with the MacBook Pro email app?
For example when I send a message from my Gmail acct using my iPhone I do not see it in the sent mail in the MacBook app. It is visible if I open Gmail with an internet brower.
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Hello,
As long as your Gmail is IMAP and iTunes is syncing all email acts so any and all custom boxes that are on the account then you will see all activity for that Gmail account in the Mail app on the Mac. What I find most often is people not realizing that they need to scroll down the " tree " on the left of the screen to get past the unified inbox and then you will see all the gmail acts on the Mac as well as any and all boxes associated with those accounts.

Hope this helps
Clay

OP
R
Reaction score
Clay,
Thanks, I did check my Gmail and it is using IMAP.
I scrolled down the tree and there is nothing under "mail activity"

I could not find anything under "help" in iTunes for sync mail. On an Apple page is says:
"Mail account settings (email address, display name, server name, and user name) are synced from the computer to the iOS device; iTunes does not sync settings from the iOS device back to the computer and does not sync any email messages."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True iTunes doesn't sync email i just wanted to make sure you had all accounts from your phone on the Mac with all custom boxes. There will not be anything in the " mail activity " window if you are not sending or receiving mail at the time

I have 4 gmail accounts on my Mac / iPhone, if i scroll down the tree I see below the 1st set of boxes another set of boxes for each account listed below " on my Mac " by opening these I get the sent box from each account. When I get home to my Mac Ill take a screen shot and show you but I can't do that from my iPhone ( yet)

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Screen Shot 2012-03-05 at 12.38.56 PM.png ok Here is a screen shot of what I have ...

Hope this helps
Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.