Looking to buy an iMac...2.7GHZ or 3.1GHZ

Reaction score
I currently hav a mid 2010 macbook pro with 4gb ram and 320gb hard drive. I', looking to purchase a 27" iMac for my dorm room, but I don't know if I should go with the 3.1ghz and get the i7 or stay with the basic 2.7 ghz i5..any advice??
I'm just a student, but I want a really fast iMac
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Go for the i7 if you want it to be faster longer. when you are getting a computer go with the better things and then it will be up to date longer, and if you sell it then you will get more money out of it as well.

OP
K
Reaction score
Go for the i7 if you want it to be faster longer. when you are getting a computer go with the better things and then it will be up to date longer, and if you sell it then you will get more money out of it as well.

hmm..thats true I guess, my macbook still runs pretty fast though I have to admit, but of course faster is better..
Now how about the graphics card? Should I upgrade to the more advance one or is that only necessary for hardcore gamers? Would it make a difference for web browsing, video chatting..etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.