Macbook reformat

Reaction score
Hi good day to all,

Kindly help me on this issue.
I used to have an dual OS on my MACBOOK, MAC and windows. One day the windows os had corrupted and won't reboot. Using the bootcamp, i remove the windows and restore the MAC. But when I'm trying to once again install a windows OS, the hard drive can't be divide equally, and I can't even drag the divider to at least have an equal partition. The partition allotted for other OS was stuck to 10GB, and even if i try to drag the divider, it is limited only to 11GB. I also tried to install windows OS using this 11GB but it was rejected.
Am I having a problem with my hard drive?
Do I need to reformat my Mac?
I still have the 2 CD's that come along when i purchase my MACBOOK.

Thanks so much...

Alain

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
How much free space is available on the drive?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think what Stretch is getting at is that you can't resize your Mac partition down past 48GB, because 48GB is currently in use.

You may need a larger hard drive or clean up what is stored on the mac partition.

OP
A
Reaction score
I think what Stretch is getting at is that you can't resize your Mac partition down past 48GB, because 48GB is currently in use.

You may need a larger hard drive or clean up what is stored on the mac partition.

Ok sir. I'll try that. Sorry, im still a bit ignorant. he he he.
One last question; do you advice reformatting? I think there are some file that are hidden, instance is once i plug my ipod there are lots of music files being synced in.
Thanks again..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Ok sir. I'll try that. Sorry, im still a bit ignorant. he he he.
One last question; do you advice reformatting? I think there are some file that are hidden, instance is once i plug my ipod there are lots of music files being synced in.
Thanks again..

I wouldn't. 60GB is incredibly small in this day and age. I'd look at getting a 320GB drive (or, for about the same price, a 160GB SSD, which will make your machine seem 100x faster) and then you won't have to worry about messing with your data.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.