Looking for a laptop bag

Reaction score
I currently have BBP's Hamptons Hybrid; I like it well enough, but I'd like to start using a more minimalist bag. That is, something that will hold little else but the Macbook (a 13" unibody Al), and its power adapter + extension line. Maybe some small pockets; I have a security lock, and a few small sundry items (screen cleaning cloth, other little things). But that's basically it: I don't want room for books, a tablet computer, or much else.

I do want handles--preferably messenger-type or backpack over the sort than can only be carried in-hand--or I'd basically get a sleeve with an accessory pocket.

I was looking at the Hex Recon but I don't know much about them. I think I might like something a little more weather resistant, though. Good, at least, for dashing through a sudden downpour. I have something like that in my DSLR bag.

Side note: my Macbook has passed three years old, and I'll probably start looking for a replacement sooner or later. I won't be going bigger (my laptops is my secondary computer), maybe an Air. So I definitely don't want something on the larger size--that is, "fits up to 17"..." and uses padding so smaller laptops don't slide around.

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.