iSight compatibilities?

R

Redbull

Evening,

I have had my Apple iSight for a year now and not use it once!. So, my question is, does MSN messenger or any public communcation compatible with iSight outside of Mac? Since I don't know any Mac users with iSight and its poor compatibility with Windows communication.

Because I never use it, I am thinking of selling it. Should I keep it for future reference?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can use your iSight for video chatting with any AIM user on Windows not just iChat users on Macs. Also it will work with Yahoo Messenger for video with any Windows or Mac user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
thats the thing though in europe we all use MSN so were all pretty stuffed as far as iSight goes

OP
R

Redbull

Yes we are. Yahoo isn't popular among all age group in the EU/UK either, nor is AIM. So it's hopeless at the moment. I thought I would ask just in case there happens to be a software that will enable it. Unfortunately not. Ah well...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MSN is a piece of garbage so why not try and get people to switch...start an IM revolution! ;)

OP
R

Redbull

Whoah!, quick reply. I could start a campaign, but it would be a real canvassing mission to do!. I might try Yahoo and see what it is like. Why can't anything be simple?!. Yes, I know....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
yea i know i wish more people would use Yahoo but no one wants to move to yahoo, so i just make my mates sign up for AIM when i want to chat with them via audio

OP
R

Redbull

Ah, so let me get this right, if I want to use instant messenging via iChat, am I only able to communicate with AIM or Yahoo users only, or can you add others as well, hotmail, email etc...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iChat only works with AIM for video and audio. You can use the Mac version of Yahoo Messenger to connect with video to Windows Yahoo users.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Well thanks people, That answers my question on Yahoo and iSight.

Most in OZ use MSN but a lot are going to Yahoo.

I know no one on AIM or iChat really, bit of a dead rubber if you ask me :eek:neye:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.