Looking For Some Good Software For Photography

Reaction score
Hello guy do a lot photo work and feel that photoshop is to hard to use tried aperture but that seems the same is there any good photo editing software out there that i could use that could guild me along and easy to use.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about trying to use and learn iPhoto which is included with your Mac (assuming you own one)?

OP
G
Reaction score
i have iMac yes need software with bit more tool than iPhoto but are easier to use than photoshop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you've bought photoshop you'd be crazy to look elsewhere - stick with it and get a Deke McCelland book to match the version you have.

If you just trialled Photoshop CS then I'd suggest getting Photoshop Elements 10 and the matching 'for dummies' book.

If iPhoto is too simplistic and you need to step up you need to invest a little time to learn a new tool that's more competent. Elements has many quick fix, automated tools but at some point you'll need more and taking the time to learn the tool will provide you with superior results.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I prefer Lightroom, which is somewhat based on Photoshop. It's similar to Aperture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I would highly recommend Lightroom. It's got a simple enough interface to be able to figure it out but advanced enough to keep you using it for many years.

You can grab the trial off the Adobe website and use it for a full month before you need to decide whether it's worth purchasing.

No matter what you buy though, there's going to be a learning curve. Photoshop is incredibly powerful software - it's hard at first but you get the hang of it eventually. Same with every new piece of software you buy.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Also... don't overlook Pixelmator. Lots of power for the money and you can purchase it direct from the Mac App store for $29.99.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Lightroom 3 is on sale for $109 at B&H Photo

I'd hop on that quickly. It normally goes for about $300, and subsequent upgrades once you own LR, are $100, so right off the bat it makes good financial sense.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.