turning off

S

sunny22

Do you guys leave your computer on all the time, or do you turn them off. is it ok to leave them on all the time or just leave them closed?

OP
T

Tel

To be honest I only turn my iBook off if I'm not going to be using it for a couple of days, otherwise I just close the lid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I just leave the lid closed on my PowerBook when I'm on the cube or G5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
yup..it does use up the battery coz it's on sleeping mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I just use the sleep command. Same thing as closing the lid, without wearing the hinge or latch mechanism.

chouk said:
yup..it does use up the battery coz it's on sleeping mode.
Not if it's plugged in.

OP
S

sursuciofla

Yeah I rarely shut down the computer. Actually I leave it sleeping even going throuigh the airport and on plane trips so don't shoot me :black:. In sleep it uses minimal battery power or if plugged up very little voltage.

OP
S

sunny22

Would it be ok to sleep it when I'm moving it from class to class? Or would it use too much battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
sunny22 said:
Would it be ok to sleep it when I'm moving it from class to class? Or would it use too much battery?
The only amount of battery used is for the light. Booting up every class will use up more battery then the light pulsing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
I've left mine on for the last 5 days 15 hours and 24 minutes. I Re-Charge the battery everyday because part of that time I spend either in another part of my house or not plugged in. At night I remove the battery and leave bittorrent on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.