controlling access for 30 Macs in a room

Reaction score
All the 30 machines are iMacs running Mac OS X 10.7.3. We just want people from a particular division(not anyone else) only to use them.

I know in Windows you can using active directory create accounts for the users on a domain to which the machines can authenticate when the users try to log in.

How do I do it in Mac? I am a newbie to Mac

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
All the 30 machines are iMacs running Mac OS X 10.7.3. We just want people from a particular division(not anyone else) only to use them.

I know in Windows you can using active directory create accounts for the users on a domain to which the machines can authenticate when the users try to log in.

How do I do it in Mac? I am a newbie to Mac

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ummmmmm,
All on the same network, or is it a domain

Air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
TYPO!! :)
All on the same network, or is it a domain???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
You could go old school and use NIS. I dislike NIS for large number of users in large environments, but for a small group of systems and users, it's not bad. Google and man pages are your friend.

OP
P
Reaction score
You could go old school and use NIS. I dislike NIS for large number of users in large environments, but for a small group of systems and users, it's not bad. Google and man pages are your friend.

Thanks, that is helpful.

I appreciate your advice and time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.