iBook battery life

Reaction score
Hello,

I keep my iBook conected to the electricity almost all the time with the battery in. I disconect it rarely (twice per week).

Should i remove the battery when it's charged and work only with electricity support?
Or there is no reason to be afraid that battery can be damaged in some way when it's always in the computer?

Thank you for advices

S

sursuciofla

Leave it in. I leave mine in as do many people with no problems. Your battery has the same life whether you leave it in or take it out, there is no evidence to the contrary. The only reason you should take it out is if you are storing the compuiter for a lengthy time. Once the battery is charged which is 95% or better the battery will not be charged anymore so no need to worry about it being overcharged or whatever.

T

Tel

Yeah, once your iBook is plugged in it will bypass the battery and take power from the mains, so once your battery is charged then it will just become inactive until its needed. Its worth draining your battery completely and charging it fully at least once a month or so, this will keep it in good shape.

C

camelian

Yes, as Tel mentioned, I would completely drain and fully recharge the iBook atleast once a month to maintain maximum life. With a ~40% dim setting and a fresh drain/recharge, I can get ~5+ hours using the iBook for Word processing..simply amazing from a 12" notebook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.