Macbook Air - Lion - Random Key Press when Waking up

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a MacBook Air (second gen) running Lion. The laptop works fine, but when I wake it up from sleep (opening the lid and then pressing the power button) I have noticed a strange behaviour with the keyboard.

Basically as i type, the letter "h" seems to randomly appear on my text. So if I am typing "Yona" I will look at the screen and see "Yohnahh". I noticed I can fix that by hitting "h" a few times or simply restarting the computer.

You may think it is hardware related but:

* It only happens when the computer comes back from sleep
* It can be fixed hitting the key but then if I change to another windows (i.e.: from chrome to texteditor) it may happen again.

So any idea of what this could be?

Thanks so much,

Yona

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
That is extremely weird, but my gut instinct is still hardware, like a stuck key. Here's some things to try:

Reset the PRAM. It stores some settings related to the keyboard, so maybe resetting it will fix it.

If that doesn't fix it, try creating a new user and see if the problems persist under that user. If it doesn't, then we have a better idea of what to look for and may be a simpler fix. If it does persist under a new user, then this gets a bit tougher to troubleshoot and fix.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.