Microphone adapter 3.5 jack to usb

Reaction score
I have an external mic (Olympus ME32) that I've tried plugging into my macbook pro but can't get it to pick up any sound.

I've changed the plug to line input, made sure all mute boxes are unchecked and looked in audio midi settings. The mic registers when I plug it in but there's a master volume slider set at 0 that is greyed out which I'm assuming is the problem.
The mic is a condenser one, has no power source so is there some sort of adapter that I can use to plug it into usb instead?
Would any of these work?
Dynamode USB 2.0 Sound Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories - look like just a sound card to me

LINDY USB 2.0 Audio Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I'd also prefer to buy one from a shop if possible as I have a lecture tomorrow I'd quite like to record!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's the Lindy USB adapter kind of thing you want. I can't find any highstreet retailers but you could try Maplin or Radio Shack if you have either of those nearby

OP
R
Reaction score
Just a follow-up in case anyone else searches.. I ordered the linty adapter on amazon and yes it works :D
Thanks mrplow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.