Can you replace Air's (a1304/1237) without removing top cover?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 2010 macbook air (a1304) with a cracked LCD and every DIY I have seen requires entry through the back of the laptop the removal of nearly every component in the computer.

Then you separate the top and bottom of the computer (lcd portion and keyboard portion)

then you procede to remove the outer bezel (double sided tape) etc.

My question is: If there is NOTHING WRONG WITH MY HINGES can i simply remove the bezel around the LCD and then remove the 4 screws holding to the LCD to the outer top shell while the top and bottom of the laptop are still attatched to eachother?

Some DIY's

Installing MacBook Air Models A1237 and A1304 Display Assembly - iFixit

How to Replace the Macbook Air Hinges and LCD

I mean if it is really only the 4 screws holding down the LCD then this method should work for the first generation macbook air as well.

Here is a DIY for LCD repair on a 11 inch air (2nd gen) and it doesnt reequire separating the top and bottom of the computer

MacBook Air 11-inch LCD Screen Take Apart Repair Disassembly by TechRestore - YouTube

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.