• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Rumor: Apple may charge $80 more for 'iPad 3' with Retina Display

Reaction score
Rumor: Apple may charge $80 more for 'iPad 3' with Retina Display

A document that has surfaced out of the Far East claims that Apple's third-generation iPad will cost $80 more, starting at $579 instead of $499.
mf.gif

a2t.img

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Glad my eyes aren't that great. Saved me from buying a v3 iPad!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'll believe it when they unveil it. Seems like too weird of a base price for me.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think that would be a mistake. Many competitors have higher resolution screens and similar/more features and still manage to squeak under the iPad's base price. Hiking it would be the wrong move, at the wrong time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Can we make it so when rumors like this are reported, the source is rated so we know how reliable it is? Because this would be a -4 on the truth/reliable report scale.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's why it's posted here in Rumors and Reports. It's up to you to go back to the source and decide how reliable you think it is. And, who's going to do the rating?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
That's why it's posted here in Rumors and Reports. It's up to you to go back to the source and decide how reliable you think it is. And, who's going to do the rating?

Ah, yeah, guess we would have to have a person do that.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't think I would want to be the "rumor rating judge" or a member of a "rumor rating team"...that would be one tough job!;)

I think that someone would have to know how reliable the source of the rumor was...which would entail knowing how accurate that source was in the past regarding previous rumors (which may require years worth of accurate "rumor reporting"...to get a top rumor accuracy rating).

But it would be interesting if rumors could have a "rumor accuracy rating". But then some of the more accurate sources of rumors...would/could be more fact than rumor.

- Nick

Reaction score
It would be a shame if they do that. Honestly from what I have read the screen is going to be the best upgrade. Sure someone said it is getting a faster processor but the iPad 2 is fast enough for me, the retina display would be nice but the iPad 2 looks good enough for me, and I don't care about better camera because I wouldn't use the iPad to take the pics....looks like ill buy an iPad 2 for less when the 3 comes out if thats the major differences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Always the newest iPad
We will see soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.