Hotmail Slideshow feature not working

Reaction score
In the last week, the "slideshow" function within Hotmail for viewing attached photos has quit working for me on my MacBook Pro (OS X - 10.6.8) with Safari (5.1.2)

Selecting "slideshow" now returns a large black "block" the size of the normal slideshow window, but it doesn't load any pictures. Instead it freezes and locks that browser window.

I can still download pictures in the normal fashion and the preview also works normally.

I've tried all the obvious fixes.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Randakk

OP
R
Reaction score
Found my own answer....eventually.

I'm posting the the fix in case someone else gets snared.

Re-installing the prior version of Silverlight restored the expected functionality.

By now, I should know that Microsoft product "testing" is extremely optimistic. That why I got a MAC in the first place!

Too bad I'm committed to Hotmail - one of Microsoft's better products. Just make sure your account is on the same server as Steve Balmer's Hotmail account!

OP
R
Reaction score
Again...no interest here except for me perhaps...

Interestingly: reverting to the earlier release of Silverlight also fixed a weird problem where my MAC's desktop image was changing periodically without my direction!

I had not turned my attention to that problem yet. Luckily I won't have to now!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The problem with Silverlight is that anytime you update a Microsoft product on your Mac, Silverlight get's updated to the latest version. That means updating Office 2008 or 2011 and Flip4Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.