Print in color from Mac OS X to an hp office jet v40 printer

Reaction score
I'm having issues trying to print in color from my Macbook to my printer (hp officejet v40 all-in-one printer). I've gone to hp's website and nothing, I've tried printing things from word and still nothing even the internet. I'm stump if anyone can help I'll be so grateful, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
You didn't give very much info - what OS X version? Was the driver included in OS X? Is it a USB-connected printer?
When you say nothing, please tell us more - did it print anything? Has it ever printer anything? Are there any error messages?

OP
S
Reaction score
ok so my os x version is 10.7.3

i don't think the driver was included my printer is really old but it works great, it is a usb-connected printer

i have been able to print in color off my mac to my printer before (back in december) but i don't know what happened now.

it prints fine in black and white, just not in color
I have brand new ink cartridges and I recalibrated them

C

chas_m

If HP has not provided a driver for the Mac, under Lion, then you're out of luck there. It doesn't matter if the printer works well. If either HP or third-party drivers aren't available, it might as well be a brick.

Looking here:
OS X Lion, Mac OS X v10.6: Printer and scanner software

Doesn't show it, but I suspect you are either mistyping or abbreviating the real model number.

In any event, if the printer is quite old its VERY likely that it is simply no longer supported and you'll need to buy a more recent one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Gutenprint, the open source drivers included in OS X, supports the Officejet V40. So I think it should work.

Try the basic delete from the print & scan list, then add (+) it again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.